Date:      Tue, 1 May 2001 20:11:16 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Aaron Birenboim <aaron@swcp.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Duron unsupported???!?!?

   I just lost my thin-server, and was re-building 4.3
on new hardware.  I got an AMD duron.

   Problem is that I can't seem to build a kernel.
I get a panic, "processor type not recognized"... and
some text indicating that the processor was somehow identified
as "AuthenticAMD Duron....." or something.  Then the kernel stops.
(Sorry, I should have written down the message....  I'm on the
GENERIC kernel now...)

   There must be a way to build a Kernel on a Duron... that
runs on a Duron, right????!?!?!?

    Sorry to ask this, but please respond to aaron@swcp.com,
since my other mail serivce (and the list) is down until I get
this fixed.

          Thanks in advcance,

                 aaron