Date:      Sun, 10 Oct 2004 18:29:51 -0400
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Spamass-Milter code question

On line ~386 of spamass-milter.cpp there is:

 if (do_reject)
    {
        debug(D_MISC, "Rejecting");
        smfi_setreply(ctx, "550", "5.7.1", "Blocked by SpamAssassin");
        return SMFIS_REJECT;
    }

which is the reject message we see in syslog.   I'm not much of a
programmer for C/C++; however, it seems to me it should be trivial to
make this rejection message customizable.

I'd like to customize the Blocked message, but also include the IP of
the connection that was rejected (more useful for parsing the syslog).
The message could be customized via a command-line switch (arg encased
in quotes) I imagine.

I wrote to the author, but I think he's not working on this any longer.

Thanks.