Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2001 19:24:25 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Matthew Thyer <thyerm@camtech.net.au>
Cc:        will@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kappfinder segmentation fault during ports/x11/kdebase2 install on  recent -CURRENT

Matthew Thyer wrote:

> Just when I thought kde2 might be fixed, installing ports/x11/kdebase2
> gives:
>
>  install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 ./kappfinder.desktop /usr/local/share/applnk/System/kappfinder.desktop
> echo "Installing non-KDE applications"
> Installing non-KDE applications
> pwd=`pwd`; \
> (cd . && $pwd/kappfinder_install "/usr/local/share/applnk")
> Segmentation fault - core dumped
> gmake[3]: *** [runkappfinder_yes] Error 139

I have just got the same error after building _everything_ under /usr/X11R6
and /usr/local from scratch. If this problem is related to -pthread/libc_r
changes in -CURRENT, it doesn't go away after a full rebuild. Another
test could be downgrading to qt-2.2.3.

My -CURRENT system is very recent (Feb, 3), and I built succesfully
some gtk-based ports using -pthread.

Cheers,
-- JMA
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **