Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 13:38:14 -0400
From:      Steven Yang <syang@directhit.com>
To:        "'freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   What's the best way to do security?

Hello, I'm interested in finding out how to create secure telnet and ftp
connections to a freebsd machine.  The following scenario would be great
for me:

>From windows or freebsd, connect securely to a freebsd machine.
Use X-windows.

To complicate things, we sit behind a firewall, but a non-firewall
solution would be a great start.

I am a relative newby, so I'd appreciate any detailed help anybody can
offer.

Thanks,
Steven Yang