Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:31:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   -question on -doc

I was trying to figure out why so many people ask -questions on -doc.

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook353.html#706

Imagine I am a newbie. I read through the list of mailing lists looking
for a place to ask a question.

freebsd-afs              Porting AFS to FreeBSD
freebsd-alpha            Porting FreeBSD to the Alpha
freebsd-doc              The FreeBSD Documentation project

Ahhh! That's it, freebsd-doc.

Never mind the rest of the list which includes -questions near the bottom.
I found my match.

The same thing goes for
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook355.html#708

I would recommend one or some or all of the following not necessarily in
that order.

Change the list order so that people hit -questions first.
Swap section 27.1.1 with section 27.1.3.
Eliminate 27.1.1 as it is redundant with 27.1.3
State that -doc is not the place to ask -questions.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/