Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 13:58:46 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache 1.3.9 fails sanity check under 3.3-RELEASE ...

And I'm at a loss to figure out why/where ;(

configuring with:

#!/bin/sh
./configure \
        --with-layout=Apache \
        --enable-module=auth_dbm \
        --enable-module=log_agent \
        --enable-module=log_referer \
        --enable-suexec \
        --suexec-caller=nobody \
        --activate-module=src/modules/auth_pgsql/mod_auth_pgsql.c

I get:

Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.9 Ben-SSL/1.37
1.3.9
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
 + activated auth_pgsql module (modules/auth_pgsql/mod_auth_pgsql.c)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for FreeBSD 3.3 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + using custom target name: httpsd
 + adding selected modules
    o dbm_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
** will also provide a clue.

And trying to run 'cd src;./helpers/TestCompile sanity' returns
nothing...which is what he sanity test is, I believe?

Ideas?  I'm definitely using gcc here, which I believe, last i checked, as
an Ansi C compilter? :)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org