Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 1996 13:20:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      the revolution will not be televised <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I'm rather annoyed with -current.

Of all the gin joints in all the world, Jordan K. Hubbard had to walk
into mine and say:

> Not only has the thread_init race problem still NOT been fixed (try a
> make world in -current using a 2.1-RELEASE system as the base - it
> will fall over!) but today we have this new problem:
>
> ===> lib/librpcsvc
> cc -O -pipe -I/usr/include/rpcsvc -c klm_prot_xdr.c -o klm_prot_xdr.o
> In file included from klm_prot_xdr.c:6:
> /usr/include/rpcsvc/klm_prot.h:10: parse error before `xdr_klm_stats'
> /usr/include/rpcsvc/klm_prot.h:10: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
> /usr/include/rpcsvc/klm_prot.h:15: parse error before `netobj'
> /usr/include/rpcsvc/klm_prot.h:15: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
>
> I'm not even particularly sure how to fix this one, either.  The
> header file that's generated here certainly doesn't include the
> required header files itself, and blowing away /usr/include/rpcsvc
> and trying to repopulate it from scratch didn't help.

Uhm... not to sound patronizing, but this has been discussed already.
You have to do the following things:

1) build and install the new rpcgen (make sure that it'll get used for
   'make world').
2) blow away and rebuild the /usr/include/rpcsvc directory using the
   new rpcgen.
3) blow away and rebuild /usr/src/lib/rpcsvc, also with the new rpcgen
   (if you have any stale .c files left from a previous build, clobber
   them).

The important thing to remember is that you must use the new rpcgen
for both halves.

I thought that adding rpcgen to the tools target in /usr/src/Makefile
was supposed to fix this.

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (212) 854-6020 | System Manager
License error: The license for this .sig file has expired. You must obtain
a new license key before any more witty phrases will appear in this space.