Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 2010 06:57:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jose ycogo <metdeth1@yahoo.com>
To:        Gaurav Ghimire <gaurav@subisu.net.np>, freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ping sendto: operation not permitted.

=0A=0Ai think its best if you post your pf.conf =0A=0Acheers...=0A=0A=0A=0A=
=0A________________________________=0AFrom: Gaurav Ghimire <gaurav@subisu.n=
et.np>=0ATo: freebsd-pf@freebsd.org=0ASent: Friday, April 16, 2010 19:50:24=
=0ASubject: ping sendto: operation not permitted.=0A=0ADear all,=0A=0AI am =
lately having problems with my firewall. There had not been any changes to =
the configuration and it had been working very fine. Out of nowhere I belie=
ve that pf is now acting abnormal and is blocking outgoing packets at rando=
m. It doesn't occur regular but I am getting the ping sendto: operation not=
 permitted error and also its delaying udp queries to by dns servers that i=
t generally protects. If I disable pf using 'pfctl -d' things go to normal =
and there isn't any issue. I also see connection  breaks when the pf itself=
 tries to contact my ldap server for information. Disabling pf makes everyt=
hing go back to normal. Any hint as where I should be looking would be high=
ly appreciated. I have been pulling my hairs literally lately.=0A=0ARegards=