Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2007 04:05:20 -0400
From:      Parv <parv@pair.com>
To:        f-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   LOR - ath (similar to LOR #42) on FreeBSD 6-STABLE 2007.04.08.19.20.49

(Before Apr 8 update, I built the world+kernel as of
2007.03.29.21.58.25 UTC.) I am running FreeBSD 6-STABLE as of
2007.04.08.19.20.49 UTC, with ath0 driver for Belkin "My Essentials"
Wireless G card, which I had been using without problems until now.

Some of current configuration is ...

  device.hints:
  http://www103.pair.com/parv/comp/unix/freebsd/thinkpad-t42-2373-5tu/err/2007-04-19.ath-lor/boot.device.hints

  loader.conf:
  http://www103.pair.com/parv/comp/unix/freebsd/thinkpad-t42-2373-5tu/err/2007-04-19.ath-lor/boot.loader.conf

  kernel (debug):
  http://www103.pair.com/parv/comp/unix/freebsd/thinkpad-t42-2373-5tu/err/2007-04-19.ath-lor/kernel.cleaned-up

  dmesg (does not show ath0 attachment):
  http://www103.pair.com/parv/comp/unix/freebsd/thinkpad-t42-2373-5tu/err/2007-04-19.ath-lor/dmesg

    dmesg (earlier, w/ ath0):
    http://www103.pair.com/parv/comp/unix/freebsd/thinkpad-t42-2373-5tu/err/dmesg

I had not set up dumpdev & large enough dumpdir at the time of above
crap-shoot.  I will update when I LOR happens again.

Yesterday, while in X & having problem connecting to places, namely
hosted by pair.com, computer shut itself down.  I rebooted with a
debug kernel complete with WITNESS* options; just after attaching
the ath0 interface, I was greeted by (sorry, I do/did not have a
serial console setup; I do have some images) ...

  http://www103.pair.com/parv/comp/unix/freebsd/thinkpad-t42-2373-5tu/err/2007-04-19.ath-lor/00-crash/

  ... of importance ...

    start of LOR message:
      http://www103.pair.com/parv/comp/unix/freebsd/thinkpad-t42-2373-5tu/err/2007-04-19.ath-lor/00-crash/witness-01-lor-sleep-after-nonsleep.png

    backtrace:
      http://www103.pair.com/parv/comp/unix/freebsd/thinkpad-t42-2373-5tu/err/2007-04-19.ath-lor/00-crash/witness-02-backtrace.png

  ... there are 4 other images which may be inconsequential (ath0
  attachment messages; output of command 'bt' which seemed to
  produced the same output as above; output of 'ps' & 'x').

Above appears to be, to my untrained eye, similar to ...

  http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/lor/042.html
  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2005-November/058007.html
  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2005-December/059168.html

Is there anything I could do to generate other|more data?  Is there
a solution for my above LOR?

  - Parv