Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:27:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Beattie <beattie@aracnet.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   looking for soemthing to do.

Please excuse me if this is a duplicate.

I'm looking for a project that woudl get me back into the kernel.  I've
hacjed around in several UNIX kernels going back to V6 but have only
looked at the FreeBSD kernel so far.  I was thinking about getting an
Advansys SCSI controller and writting a driver for that but I also noticed
a note indicating that work was needed on the SCSI drivers to support CAM.
I have in my posession the following Adaptec controllers 1522, 1542,
2940U.

While I could just dive in and start working I woudl really like to
coordinate my efforts so as to not duplicate the work of others.  I have
sent mail to Justin asking about this but have received no reply.  On the
assumption that he is away or too busy to reply I am asking for input from
the mailing list.

Anbody got an advice?