Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 2021 16:35:05 +0100
From:      matteotti <matteotti@alpha.admin.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")

Hello,
I have installed FreeBSD-4.3-RELEASE on an IBM ThinkPAD A22m. I run into
problems with PCMCIA card configuration.
Inserting a card results in the following message:

'No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")'
I was playing around with the PCMCIA support entries in the kernel
configuration file:

eg.

device pcic0 at isa ? irq 10 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd8000

and many more without success .

My modem card (Billionton WorldTravellor)  and ethernet card (Apollo)
are both listed in /etc/defaults/pccard.conf and I copied the
corresponding entries to /etc/pccard.conf.

I configured the card already on an IBM ThinkPAD i1200 with sucess.

I' d be very thankful for any suggestion .

Best regards . C.