Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:37:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tugrul <tugrul@ianai.BlackSun.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Booting FreeBSD beyond the 1024th cylinder

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> have you tried OS-BSbeta?

	"No Operating System" for either FreeBSD or Linux beyond the
1024th cylinder.

> have you tried the newer boot blocks? i think you can do what you were
> able to do in linux with the freebsd newer blocks.

	None of the boot blocks understand what a elf kernel is afaik. Any
tips on loading /boot/loader from a floppy, which then loads the kernel
off wd0s2a? Or is /boot/loader still limited? I don't think both will fit
on a floppy... lately my kernels have gotten smaller but they might grow
in size again.
	The booting tools in general need a major update for elf, I wish I
knew how to help :/

> -Alfred

	Tugrul Galatali