Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:49:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      rob@web.net (Rob Ellis)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vinum - steps to recreate mirror?

We've been experimenting with vinum, with the idea of setting
up a two-disk mirror for a mail spool, and so far it's great.

But I haven't been able to sort out the steps for replacing a
disk that's failed (e.g., when we pull the plug on it).
Starting with a disk/plex that's "faulty", what is the correct
procedure to replace it, get it back to being "up"?

The current setup for the mirror is:

  drive drive1 device /dev/da1s1e
  drive drive2 device /dev/da2s1e
  volume mirror