Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:58:10 +0200
From:      Peter Nyamukusa <petern@africaonline.co.zw>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>, mo.babaei@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: Setting another machine as a firewall

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 11:34, Olivier Nicole wrote:
> > i want to set another machine as a firewall for my mail server to preve=
nt
> > receiving huge number of spams each day.
> > so, how shuold i change my DNS to do this ?
Also note that port 25 on the firewall should be open, either accepting ema=
il=20
as an SMTP Gateway or redirecting incoming SMTP requests on port 25 to your=
=20
mail server.

> Have your MX reccord to point to the firewall mail server.
>
> But before you do that, you should make sure that the firewall is
> set-up and configured and running.
>
> Olivier

=2D-=20
Peter Nyamukusa
Systems Administrator
Africa Online Zimbabwe
Tel: =C2=A0 =C2=A0+263-4-250890
=46ax: =C2=A0 =C2=A0+263-4-702203
E-mail: petern@africaonlineco.zw
AIM: =C2=A0 petenya

Africa Online Disclaimer and Confidentiality Note=20

This e-mail, its attachments and any rights attaching hereto are,=20
unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the property of=20
Africa Online Holdings (Mauritius) Limited and/or its subsidiaries=20
("the Group"). It is confidential and intended for the addressee=20
only. Should you not be the addressee and have received this e-mail=20
by mistake, kindly notify the sender, delete this e-mail=20
immediately and do not disclose or use the same in any manner=20
whatsoever. Views and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those=20
of the sender unless clearly stated as those of the Group. The=20
Group accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damages,=20
however incurred, resulting from the use of this e-mail or its=20
attachments. The Group does not warrant the integrity of this=20
e-mail, nor that it is free of errors, viruses, interception or=20
interference. For more information about Africa Online, please=20
visit our website at http://www.africaonline.com