Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:33:53 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Fred Cox <sailorfred@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: www/dotproject out of date and vulnerable

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 06:25:50PM -0700, Fred Cox wrote:

> > > It's still better than the current situation.
> >
> > Publishing packages that will not run because
> > they're linked to the
> > wrong libraries is, again, not my idea of "better".
> >

> There is no linkage problem.  It's a client/server
> problem.
>
> PHP4 is perfectly happy being linked with the MySQL 5
> client libraries, it's the database server that needs
> to be 3.23.  The SQL used in dotProject is legal for
> 3.23, but not 5.

Then you haven't explained yourself very well, because at the start of
this thread you were talking about a conflict between the mysql 3 and
mysql 5 *clients*, not servers.

--
Trying to get it to install MySQL 3.23 client seems to
be stymied by the php4-mysql default dependency on the

So, does it or does it not require the mysql 3.23 client in
php4-mysql and dotproject?

> > Copy the php4-mysql port to php4-mysql3 and make the
> > presumably
> > trivial change to make it use mysql 3 instead of
> > whatever the default
> > is.
> >

> It's not trivial.  The current Makefile is trivial,
> but a change to do what you're suggesting will need to
> be more complex.
>
> Here's the current php4-mysql Makefile:
>
> CATEGORIES=     databases
>
> MASTERDIR=      ${.CURDIR}/../../lang/php4
>
> PKGNAMESUFFIX=  -mysql
>
> .include "${MASTERDIR}/Makefile"
>
> The ${MASTERDIR}/Makefile doesn't refer to mysql at
> all.
>
> Personally, I don't see how it knows it's supposed to
> link MySQL in there.  Perhaps it's because PHP4
> defaults to including MySQL support, so this isn't
> really doing anything.  I haven't read far enough to
> know for sure.

Look in <bsd.php.mk> for the rest.

Kris