Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 15:29:27 +0300 (EEST)
From:      pam@polynet.lviv.ua
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vinum in, but not in the Makefiles?

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Thursday, 17 September 1998 at 18:27:47 -0500, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> >
> > i noticed "vinum" got added into the source tree, heard about it a few
> > months back, LVM for freebsd sounds awesome.
> >
> > however it's not being built because it's not part of the subdirs in:
> > src/sbin/Makefile
> >
> > how beta is it? or was this just an oversight?
>
> Congratulations for bringing light into the dark room.
>
> It wasn't an oversight.  I've been travelling the last 10 days, and I
> didn't have time to make 100% sure that it wouldn't break a 'make
> world' (I still haven't; I'm currently checking the -current version
> out), so in order to ensure I didn't break everybody's make again, I
> didn't update the Makefiles.  Expect them in Real Soon Now.

Great!

How would you describe the stage Vinum is on (e.g pre
alpha/alpha/beta/release). Maybe short list of what vinum can provide now
in semi-production environment (without data loss and often hangs and
panics)? How it is comparing to current CCD driver?

Thanks,

Adrian Pavlykevych 			email: 		<pam@polynet.lviv.ua>
System Administrator			phone/fax:	+380 (322) 742041
State University "Lvivska Polytechnica"