Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 2010 16:48:00 -0700
From:      Julien LAFFAYE <jlaffaye@freebsd.org>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Cc:        emaste@freebsd.org
Subject:   [pkg_complete] report #2

Hello,

The last week, I worked on an utility to create a complete package. I chose
to create a new bin called `pkg_complete` for the time being because the
options of the `pkg_create` utility doesn't make sense for the creation of a
complete package.
What works:
 * Given a package file, get its dependencies (and the deps of the deps,
recursively)
 * Ordering of the dependencies, in such a way that the packages without
deps are in the top of the list
 * Creation of a tar file containing the packages in the proper order : this
is the complete package.
Open tasks:
 * More errors checking/handling
 * Add a "special file" in the complete package to identify it from a
regular package.
 * Tests, tests, ... :)

Best regards,
Julien