Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 2004 23:17:19 +0200
From:      "Georg-W. Koltermann" <gwk@rahn-koltermann.de>
To:        Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox - *** loading the extensions datasource

Am Fr, den 18.06.2004 schrieb Sean McNeil um 9:59:
> OK,
>=20
> So I have firefox working as root and it doesn't print anything when I
> run it.
>=20
> As my regular user, it print the
>=20
>=20
> and then core dumps.  I think I have some old cruft somewhere, but I

Nobody reads release notes nowadays, I guess.  From the page at
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/ in section "
Known Issues":

      * If Firefox 0.9 is placed in a location with limited access
        privileges, it should be run by a user with access to that
        location first, so that all initial startup files are generated.
        There may be issues still where if a restricted-access user is
        the first to run the app, these files may not be generated
        properly and Firefox may enter an infinite restart loop. This
        will be fixed in a future release.

Running firefox as root once did the trick for me.

--=20
Gr=FC=DFe,
Georg.