Date:      Wed, 19 Oct 2011 12:58:22 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Oliver Heesakkers <FreeBSD@heesakkers.info>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: graphics/mapnik 2.0.0 fails to package

On 10/19/2011 04:53, Oliver Heesakkers wrote:
> Op wo 19 okt 2011 00:37:37 schreef Doug Barton:
>> On 10/14/2011 21:10, wen heping wrote:
>>> I could not reproduce this plist error
>>
>> Here is my build log:
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/mapnik-build.log
>>
>> I included 'make showconfig' output ... perhaps we're using different
>> options?
>>

>>From that build.log:
> ===>   mapnik2-2.0.0 depends on shared library: sqlite3 - found
> (...)
> Checking for C library sqlite3... no
>
> Obviously that's where it goes wrong. the ports-system can find the library
> (and thus adds sqlite.input to the plist), mapnik cannnot (and thus does not
> build and install sqlite.input).

Right, I get that bit. :)  What I'm trying to figure out is why, and how
to fix it.

> I use this option and have no problem by the way.
>
> Doug, did you try reinstalling databases/sqlite3?

Yes, several times. I just tried it again and got the same failure.

> If you have
> databases/sqlite34 installed, maybe you should try databases/sqlite3

I'm using sqlite3.

In case it matters, I'm using 8.2-RELEASE-p3, i386 in a jail running on
8.2-stable amd64. I've built over 700 ports on this system, including a
dozen or so other ports that rely on sqlite3.

Doug

			-- OK Go