Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 1996 21:43:44 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Stefan Esser <se@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
To:        "Stefan Bethke" <stefan@promo.de>
Cc:        jkh@freebsd.org, "Stefan Esser" <se@zpr.uni-koeln.de>, current@freebsd.org, dg@root.com, "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ncr53c810 driver in sta

Stefan Bethke writes:
 > We have a similiar problem here: Asus SP3G-II (Neptune II chipset), 810, =
 > Quantum Fireball, but I'm not sure it is related to the 810 in any way.

Well, the SP3G has originally been delivered with a
Saturn II (rev. 4) chip set. Guess that is what you
got ... (???)

 > It hangs sometimes on reboots, after clearing the screen. However, when =
 > it does, it corrupts the BIOS nvram, so I have to re-enter all BIOS =
 > settings :-(

This is most likely a problem with your NVRAM (ie. a
hardware problem).

 > > 5) do you know that the hang is not caused by some unrelated
 > >    problem (BROKEN_KEYBOARD_RESET comes to mind :) ?
 >
 > Can you give me a pointer where to find an explanation of the broken =
 > reset?

This has been discussed a few months ago. You may try
to seach for the key word in an archive of the mailing
lists.

I had to add the "options BROKEN_KEYBOARD_RESET" line
to the kernel config file of my ASUS SP3g ...

Regards, STefan