Date:      Sat, 3 May 2008 00:14:32 -0700
From:      "Jack Vogel" <jfvogel@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>,  "FreeBSD Stable List" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   MFC of em/igb drivers

I got the new drivers in Friday afternoon for those that don't see CVS
messages.

The igb driver is for 82575 and 82576 adapters, it has multiqueue support and
MSIX, there will be more server type enhancements in that driver as I get the
time.

The em driver now will be client oriented, the latest hardware support however
is for 82574, Hartwell, which is a really nice low cost PCIE dual-port adapter,
that actually also has MSIX. This first released support for it will
use 3 interrupt
vectors, one for TX, one for RX, and Link. The hardware actually supports 5
vectors, so I am planning to add support for another RX and TX queue as my
schedule allows.

Hartwell is also the first adapter that has IEEE 1588 PTP support, the driver
provides init and an ioctl interface to use that facility, I hope we
see software
support follow on soon. This is an early announcement, I am not sure on
exact dates for availability but they should be soon.

As ever, issues and bugs should be sent to me. Cheers everyone!

Jack