Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 2000 18:41:11 -0700 (MST)
From:      Ivan Fetch <ivanfetch@technologist.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Please Help: CD-ROM no longer works with 4.0R vs. 3.4R!

Hello, can someone please give me some help with the following - I would
really appreciate it.  I posted this to freebsd-questions and got
nothing...

   Attempting to install FreeBSD 4.0-Release to a Compaq prosario yields
the following message (while the kernel is detecting devices).  The CD-ROM
in this machine workked fine under FreeBSD 3.4 - Can anyone help me out
as to why it no longer does?

ata1-master: <matshita cr-581/1c07> cdrom device - no driver!

Thank you very much - Ivan.