Date:      Sat, 28 Jan 2006 19:36:45 -0800
From:      Derrick Ryalls <ryallsd@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Gnome's bottom panel doesn't display running programs

Greetings,

I did some searching, but didn't find anything so I was hoping someone migh=
have a clue on this.

I just did the compile for gnome 2.12 on FreeBSD 6 and so far most
everything seems to work except the lower panel does not display the curren=
running programs or the other virtual desktops.  I can alt-tab to the other
programs in the same virtual terminal, and can use cntrl-alt (left/right) t=
get to the other terminals, but none show the normal bar at the bottom.  Th=
top bar looks normal (has normal menus, clock, etc).  I hope this is just
dependancy that needs to be rebuilt, but am unsure of which one do try.

My install was something like this:

Install Freebsd 6 using 6.0 release disc burned last month.
Install basic packages via sysinstall
At this point I tried portupgrade -NPPR x11/gnome2
After many weird issue on out of date dependancies, I used the
gnome2.12update script to fix the issues.
After update script was finished, I executed a normal install: cd
x11/gnome2; make install clean

The final install did complete successfully and gnome has been running, but
the bottom panel isn't working.

Thanks in advance for any clues.