Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 1995 05:51:59 +0100
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Rude shock with U.K. mirrors

I was sending some stuff to a U.K. journalist concerning FreeBSD and
obtaining it in the U.K. when I decided to verify the 3 entries we
currently show for the U.K. mirrors.  What I found was somewhat
disappointing:

	1. ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/BSD/FreeBSD does not contain 2.0.5.
	2. unix.hensa.ac.uk/pub/walnut.creek/FreeBSD doesn't exist.
	3. src.doc.ic.ac.uk/packages/unix/FreeBSD couldn't be verified; it's
	   dead at the moment.

This is all rather sad.  Is there nothing we can do to perhaps increase
the level of support in the U.K.?  With 2 core team members either in
or from that country, it even seems a tad embarassing! :(

Thanks!

						Jordan