Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 17:15:06 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
To:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
Cc:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>, Francisco Reyes <francisco@natserv.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD essentials

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 12:07:34AM +0200, a little birdie told me
that Phil Regnauld remarked

> 	I think we should be focusing on *categories* (see below)
> 	and have the user prioritize them:

Yes, I'm liking this...
We could probably put some time into this and come up with a good useful
list.  The ports/packages list as a whole is so huge nowadays that 'skim
through it and see what you might want' is far from a useful sugestion.
However, if we could put together something to spew out a few basic
categories and some choices within them, it shouldn't be too hard to at
least reap some feedback off it...

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com