Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 2002 09:48:24 +0100 (BST)
From:      Gavin Atkinson <gavin@ury.york.ac.uk>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: panic: KSE: not on run queue

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, Gavin Atkinson wrote:
> > Had this panic twice with current -current on an uniprocessor machine and
> > kernel. Dumps still don't work... Both occurances, i had an ssh running, a
> > portupgrade in progress, and the dnetc client running in the background.
>
> how new is the kernel?
> When you created it did you make sure you deleted all .o files
> first?

Source was supped 26th july 1am (gmt). Kernel and world were built at the
same time with make clean buildworld buildkernel. I was running
portupgrade -RaO at the time, and two of the three panics were at the same
point - after portupgrade has performed the pre-build clean, and has
printed:
--->  Upgrading 'xxx' to 'xxx' (xxx)
--->  Building '/usr/ports/xxx'
panic:...
(xxx was gnomevfs the first time, and sawfish the second)

> I'll check it in a while but the fact that only you cave sen thid does
> suggest that maybe you have some mixed versions or something....

I will blow away the whole /usr/obj and recompile with fresh source.

Thanks

Gavin