Date:      Sun, 30 May 2010 16:42:44 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, netatalk-admins <netatalk-admins@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject:   Re: RFT: netatalk-2.1

Am 28.05.2010 um 08:27 schrieb Stefan Bethke:

> Am 22.05.2010 um 19:08 schrieb Stefan Bethke:
>=20
>> Hi,
>>=20
>> I'm working on updating the net/netatalk port from 2.0.5 to 2.1.  You =
can find the most current version of my work at =
http://www.lassitu.de/freebsd/netatalk/
>>=20
>> Initial testing looks promising.  There's one outstanding issue: =
upgrading from 2.0.5 to 2.1 appears to fail because of the wrong order =
of include paths.  You can work around this by deinstalling 2.0.5 before =
building the new version.
http://www.lassitu.de/freebsd/netatalk/netatalk_2.1.1-1.tar.bz2
>=20
> I have not tested Kerberos support since I'm lacking the environment.
>=20
> If your system has IPv6 configured, you will need to configure a =
server each for IPv4 and IPv6.  Note that both afpd and cnid_metad will =
by default bind to IPv6 addresses.
>=20

The newest tarball 2.1.1-2 contains a patch to fix a segfault when =
having more than one afpd configured, thanks to Frank Lahm.

To have afpd listen to both IPv4 and IPv6, you need to either have two =
server entries in afpd.conf, i.e.:
- -tcp -noddp -ipaddr 0.0.0.0 -unixcodepage UTF8 -signature =
user:freebsd8 -cnid_server ::1
"ipv6" -tcp -noddp -ipaddr :: -unixcodepage UTF8 -signature =
user:freebsd8 -cnid_server ::1

or set the sysctl net.inet6.ip6.v6only=3D0.  Note that the latter might =
have negative security implications.

Stefan=20

--=20
Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811