Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 2010 21:05:09 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCI Parallel Port I/O card

Hi,

I've got a system which has a PCI I/O card with a parallel port
on it. I'd like my 8-STABLE/amd64 machine to recognise this card.

The relevant bits of "pciconf -lcv" is:

    none2@pci0:4:6:0:   class=0x070103 card=0x2000a000 chip=0x98659710 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
        vendor     = 'MosChip Semiconductors (Was: Netmos Technology)'
        class      = simple comms
        subclass   = parallel port
        cap 01[48] = powerspec 2  supports D0 D3  current D0

However, a verbose boot reveals:
    ppc0: cannot reserve I/O port range
    ppc0: <Parallel port> failed to probe at irq 7 on isa0

which is due to /boot/device.hints of:
    hint.ppc.0.at="isa"
    hint.ppc.0.irq="7"

How can I configure my system to recognise the parallel port on the
PCI bus?

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>