Date:      Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:16:30 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Subject:   Re: options

--nextPart3133131.Gpqfcdqijz

On Monday, 21. March 2005 20:47, Chuck Robey wrote:
> I've been looking for info that certain ports use to store options ... I
> have looked in the porters handbook andthe general handbook, no joy, and
> yet I know that there are some ports that do no store their options in
> cookie files, or in the environment.  There's some sort of data base,
> something in /var/run, or something like that.

/var/db/ports

> Can I get pointed at that code?  It doesn't seem to be documented
> anywhere I can find.  The reason I care is, it doesn't seem to be
> cleaned out by 'make clean', and while I think that's VERY wrong,

Removing them on make clean would defy the purpose of this way of setting=20
options.

> I need=20
> to know how to reset this options.

Cd to the portdir and type 'make config' to change your options. Type 'make=
=20
rmconfig' to delete set options, if present. To change or delete the option=
s=20
of all the dependencies of this port as well, type 'make config-recursive' =
or=20
make 'rmconfig-recursive' respectively. To reset saved options, you can als=
o=20
simply delete the respective directory below /var/db/ports.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org