Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 13:12:00 +0200
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@shale.csir.co.za>
To:        Dom Mitchell <Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/10170: gtop build broken

Hi to all porters,

On Sat, Feb 20, 1999 at 10:23:57AM +0000, Dom Mitchell wrote:
> >Synopsis:       gtop build broken

This is not a flame...

The breakage is in libgtop, which needs to include "sys/types.h" in the
headers...  The gnome meta port is also not up to date, it doesn't
install half of the ports.

Is there any way of marking ports with a variable which says "Please don't
send-pr on this port, it is work in progress"?  Vanilla has been
updating to GNOME 0.99.8, and he is only about half way through.  With
the ports.  I've also done some work on the GNOME ports, and they break
things all over the place...  so much for freature freeze.  The GNOME
ports need to be marked as 'flaky' until they hit 1.0, at which point
they should be expected to work as a group.  It'll just cost extra
version number bumping to mark them as broken when the base library
upgrading starts.  Or the upgrading must be held back and done as one
mega commit, which places more work on the maintainers, and will delay
the upgrading.

Someone should close this PR.

Regards,
 -Jeremy

--
  |   "I could be anything I wanted to, but one things true
--+--  Never gonna be as big as Jesus, never gonna hold the world in my hand