Date:      Sat, 03 Jan 2015 09:07:55 +0100
From:      Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unbound in FreeBSD 10

Hello list.

I've reinstalled a server of mine that was running 9.1, now it's running
10.1.

The server is providing basic network services, Caching DNS, DHCP, PF
firewall and SAMBA.

The challenge I've run into is Unbound DNS. The handbook recommended
that one installed Unbound from ports. Which I've done. It works locally
and I'm searching for information on how to make it answer requests from
my local subnet.

With the omission of BIND from FreeBSD I've lost the "dig" command. I
use the "dig" command in some scripts to make a list of trusted hosts
that can access the local network from the outside.

Replacing the "dig" command in my scripts are crucial to the functionality.

I would appreciate any hints to help me get my scripts in order and to
set up a working caching DNS with Unbound.

Thanks

/Leslie