Date:      Thu, 01 May 1997 07:54:50 -0500
From:      Richard Nelson <rjn103s@mgr3.k12.mo.us>
To:        support@freebsd.org
Subject:   Samba and NT Help Needed

Greetings,

I am running several NT 3.51 servers and I am sharing via Samba however I am
wanting one BSD box to share only to NT users and I have followed all the
man pages and I have used this box in the past to share to all clients but
am ready to restrict to certin users and I can not get it to work.  It just
keeps prompting me for a password.  I checked the logs and it can see the
password server but it say the users do not exist. hmmm.  Any ideas?

Information about specifics below:

I have modified my /etc/host file to reflect my netbios names as such

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netbios_name_of_serverx
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netbios_name_of_server1

as well as I created a lmhosts file following the above.

This is my smb.conf
;
;
[global]
   protocol = NT1
   printing = sysv
   printcap name = /etc/smb.printers
   load printers = no
   printer name  = lp
   guest account = guest
;guest account on NT
   workgroup = domain_name
   password server = netbios_name_of_serverx, netbios_name_of_server1
   domain controller = netbios_name_of_serverx
   os level =  0
; 0 loose all elections
;   log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
   log level = 0
   password level = 0
   dead time = 180
   public = yes