Date:      Sat, 01 May 2010 15:23:50 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmaster 2.23, missing ORGIN

On 05/01/10 13:42, Jakub Lach wrote:

> Peter Jeremy-6 wrote:
>>

>> Have you switched from portupgrade and not deleted the associated metadata
>> files?  You should not have a port named pkgdb.db so it is not surprising
>> that /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db/+CONTENTS would not have an ORIGIN.
>>

> Thanks for help.
>
> Indeed file is from portupgrade and quite stale too. I should check it's
> content before assuming it's used by portmaster.

It is not used by portmaster, it can be safely deleted. Even if you
start using portupgrade again, it will have to be rebuilt anyway. There
is no reason you cannot have portmaster + some other ports management
tool (like portupgrade) installed. The only thing you can't do is run
them simultaneously (i.e., at the exact same time). You can easily
upgrade one thing with portmaster, then when portmaster exits update
something else with another tool.

> What  fooled me is that earlier portmaster versions didn't complain
> about this file

I explained that in my previous post, if the explanation isn't clear,
let me know. Meanwhile, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Doug

			-- Propellerheads