Date:      21 Oct 2002 17:34:40 -0500
From:      Ryan Sommers <ryans@gamersimpact.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   GNOME 2.0.4

When I recently upgraded my box to 4.7 I also went about upgrading GNOME
to the latest in the ports tree. I used the 'portupgrade -r pkgconfig'
method and just wanted to point out a few issues I had.

Here is the final output from portupgrade:

** The following packages were not installed or upgraded (*:skipped /
!:failed)
        ! databases/libgda2 (libgda2-0.8.192)   (compiler error)
> I think this was complaining about a undeclared POPT* constant;
installing devel/popt fixed it.

        ! audio/freeamp (freeamp-esound-2.1.1_4)        (port directory
error)
> What happened to the freeamp port?
        ! www/galeon (galeon-1.2.5)     (unknown build error)
> www/mozilla-headers wasn't installed and portupgrade didn't install
it. Was complaining about an undefined method.
        * databases/libgnomedb (libgnomedb-0.8.192)
        * devel/glade2 (glade2-1.1.1)
        * x11/gnome2 (gnome2-2.0_4)

I installed all the ports it skipped.

GNOME appears to be working fine now, however, my menus have since
vanished. The only menus I have under the Applications menu is: Desktop
Preferences, Internet, Other, and KDE Menu. The only applications shown
are: Galeon, DB frontend and Evolution (and of course the KDE menus).
How do I go about recreating or getting the old and/or default menus
back.

Next question, albeit a stupid one. My Galeon window has moved under the
application panel at the top of the window; how do I move it back down
if I can't grab the titlebar?

How long until the Evolution 1.2 beta ports will be committed?

--
Ryan "leadZERO" Sommers
Gamer's Impact President

-= http://www.gamersimpact.com =-