Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 1997 16:18:53 -0500
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        dg@root.com, support@cyclades.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyclades Parity error (useful info)

I've installed a handful of printf's to see where the parity error is
being caught. In 2.2-GAMMA, it appears to be in /usr/src/sys/pci/cy_pci.c,
in cy_attach, where it states:

/*
 * Enable the "local" interrupt input to generate a
 * PCI interrupt.
 */

outw(ioport + CY_PLX_ICS, inw(CY_PLX_ICS) |
	CY_PLX_ICS_IENABLE | CY_PLX_ICS_LOCAL_IENABLE);

Unfortunately, I don't have the docs (and haven't dove in to the code far
enough) to see what this is supposed to do, or what its doing wrong. Perhaps,
IMHO, what its trying to do is generate an interrupt, but what its really
doing is either a.) causing a parity interrupt (wouldn't understand why, tho),
or the interrupt its generating looks to the machine like a parity interrupt.

Let me know if this is helpful, or you'd like me to try something else.
	-Brian