Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 2013 13:44:22 -0500
From:      "Daniel Corbe" <corbe@corbe.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   em0: watchdog timeout -- resetting

Hi list,

I’ve been having an issue with a server for a few weeks now.  Whenever I put
it under any sort of network load (as low as 8Mbit/sec) I get the above
error on the console and the server completely loses network connectivity.
The only way to bring it back into service is to completely restart the box.
ifconfig ... down and ifconfig ... up doesn't work and neither does issuing
an /etc/rc.d/netif restart.

I've been poking around with google trying to help myself to no avail.   The
usual suggestions of ((disable MSI), (watchdog -t 0), (replace the NIC with
something made for a server)) did not work and I'm honestly at a loss of
where to even begin from here.  I'd appreciate any suggestions.