Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:23:46 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        Soeren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Don Lewis <dl-freebsd@catspoiler.org>, <marks@ripe.net>, <ktsin@acm.org>, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>, <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Memory corruption in CURRENT

Hi Soeren,

> However, this kind of problem in most cases spells bad HW to me,
> ie subspec RAM, poor powersupply, badly cooled CPU, overclocking etc etc...

That's what I thought too. I have now three different systems which show
all this:

1) PIV 1,6Ghz, Intel B845DG Board, 1GB Kingston Ram,
2) PIV 2Ghz Intel B845DG Board, 1GB Kingston ECC Ram
3) PIV 2,26 Ghz Asus P4B533 Board with I845 chipset, 1GB noname Ram

All running CURRENT. I also replaced in 1) and 2) the CPU, RAM.
It happens both on SCSI and ATA disks. Powersupply has been changed
for all 3 systems. Problem is still the same.

The problem sometimes appears just after startup. CPU is still cold then.
Other times it builds 6 buildworlds sucessfully, and then suddenly I see
a SIG4.

Martin