Date:      Sun, 09 Feb 1997 10:00:29 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.dk.tfs.com>
To:        Andrew Herdman <andrew@why.whine.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Make world of Current dies with weird errors.

Hey Cool!

Now for an encore, try to make "make" with -static so we don't have
to fight shared libs in gdb.

I would expect 807d432() to be free(3) but that is merely a guess...

Poul-Henning

>Well I had some courage.  I can reliably reproduce the bug, and have with
>a make re-compiled with -g, and the malloc trick i now have a nice core
>file.  As for using gdb for debugging... err well I don't now much about
>it... i've seen the bt command used extensively and this is what i got:
>
>Core was generated by `make'.
>Program terminated with signal 6, Abort trap.
>Cannot access memory at address 0x654f0.
>#0  0x807de11 in ?? ()
>(gdb) bt
>#0  0x807de11 in ?? ()
>#1  0x807d6e3 in ?? ()
>#2  0x807c232 in ?? ()
>#3  0x807c270 in ?? ()
>#4  0x807d24b in ?? ()
>#5  0x807d432 in ?? ()
>#6  0x12731 in Lst_Destroy (l=0x588c0, freeProc=0)
>    at /usr/src/usr.bin/make/lst.lib/lstDestroy.c:99
>#7  0xfb2b in TargFreeGN (gnp=0x55d00) at targ.c:219
>#8  0x1270b in Lst_Destroy (l=0x182e0, freeProc=0xfae0 <TargFreeGN>)
>    at /usr/src/usr.bin/make/lst.lib/lstDestroy.c:93
>#9  0xf9d7 in Targ_End () at targ.c:139
>#10 0xa000 in main (argc=3, argv=0xefbfd798) at main.c:804
>

>I have the core and the program that created, and if you want I can leave
>them somewhere for someone who knows what they are doing to take a peek at
>them.  I will help where I can of course, but this one is bigger than I
>am.

whois: [PHK]                | phk@tfs.com           TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Power and ignorance is a disgusting cocktail.