Date:      Tue, 13 May 1997 18:12:46 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848 on P55T2P4-P100oc

Nope this is specifically for video processing and yes we do need such
a document. You see my P100 can process video to my display adapter
such as fast as my PPRO 200.

As for FreeBSD it is  more appropriate  to document the  systems based on
something like world stones, cool comm gear , etc..

We really ought to beat on the hackers or maybe the current mailing list
for such a document. I am saying -current because those hackers probably
tend to do more make worlds . If people don't volunteer for such a simple
task which many in the -current list do anyhow, then we will simply not
have such a document.

my system or relevant parts:
OS: FreeBSD 3.0 current
CPU             : PPRO 200mhz 256k 48MB of memory (60ns dram).
Motherboard     : ASUS P/I- XP6NP5 ATX form factor
PCI chipset:    : Intel 82440FX (Natoma)
graphic adapater: Diamond S3 968 4MB VRAM
video capture   : Wincast/tv dbx stereo
sound           : gus pnp pro
monitor         : Nano F550i 17 inch

fxtv works great in PCI to PCI mode 15, 16, 32 bit color depth.
I added  fxtv to my fvwm95 "utilities" pop menu so it is pretty
easy to pop a tv window .

	Tnks,
	Amancio