Date:      Sun, 03 Oct 2010 20:39:25 +0800
From:      Edward <myself@rdtan.net>
To:        Thomas Mueller <mueller6727@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Massive portupgrade without being interrupted by configuration screens?

 On 03/10/10 5:59, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Idea is that I might want to configure some of the options, so I can't use --batch=YES unless I configure all options beforehand, meaning I have to find what ports are to be upgraded and which of those have user-selectable options.
You might want to look at "make config-recursive" running inside the
port directory.
e.g.

cd /usr/ports/x11/kde4; make config-recursive

This will make port display the options menu of the current port and
dependency's options menu. Additionally, "make fetch-recursive" would
fetch all the needed files to compile the port into dist directory.

Do take note that if you have set any options in the port directory,
those options menu will NOT appear again. If you need to clear all the
options, use "make clean-recursive" instead.

These commands are taken from :
http://scratching.psybermonkey.net/2010/01/freebsd-tips-to-prepare-large-ports.html