Date:      Tue, 03 Oct 2006 08:00:35 -0800
From:      "Peter A. Giessel" <pgiessel@mac.com>
To:        KHOO Guan_Chen <khoogc@singnet.com.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need help with ppp

On 2006/10/03 3:55, KHOO Guan_Chen seems to have typed:
> Local>
>   I have tried to enter things like "ppp", "~ppp" "cppp" ">ppp" after
> the (Local>) in my chat_script
> but  no go. In minicom, I see that they sometimes drop me into a
> shell to which I can only exit,

Somewhere over a decade ago, I had a similar ISP, and we used
"start ppp" or "ppp start" if I recall correctly.  This was more than
a decade ago, so I could be completely wrong, but you could try that.

You could also try BSD's ppp dameon:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/userppp.html
which is similar to MacOS X's, so it may just work....