Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 2008 10:59:07 -0700
From:      chris#@1command.com
To:        "[FBSDP]" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   a $PREFIX question...

Greetings,
I'm attempting to create (hack) the current php5 port to permit
the installation of the CGI sapi along side php4 (CLI, and MOD sapi).
I /know/ where /want/ everything to go (believing I can make it work).
BUT, I'm not confident I have a firm grasp on the ports variables.
This is what I've done so far:
o edited the pkg-plist; modifying all references to php/ to php5/
eg;
bin/php5/
etc/php5/
include/php5/
lib/php5/

o edited (hacked) the following lines in the Makefile;
CONFIGURE_ARGS=
--with-config-file-scan-dir=${PREFIX}/etc/php5
post-install:
@${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/php.ini-dist ${PREFIX}/etc/php5
@${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/php.ini-recommended ${PREFIX}/etc/php5
@${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKDIR}/php.conf ${PREFIX}/etc/php5
@${TOUCH} ${PREFIX}/include/php5/ext/php_config.h

NOW, here's where I fail to completely understand the $PREFIX &|
$LOCALBASE variables. I understand that $PREFIX if left undefined
defaults to $LOCALBASE (/usr/local). BUT, what must I define to
coerce the php5 CGI sapi (and depends) to simply use the php5 directory
as opposed to the default *php* directory?

Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated, as I hope to ultimately
turn this into a port. :)

--Chris