Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 11:32:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemicals.tacorp.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PRE_SMPNG snap

Wesley Morgan wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, John Baldwin wrote:
>
> > Err, AFAIK, the only instability atm is that under heavy load some ahc
> > controllers seem to hang (or possibly the ahc driver is getting out of
> > sorts and hanging.)  However, the problem is not so bad that you can't
> > build world in at most 2 boots, and it also seems to only manifest
> > itself on SMP machines AFAIK.  The only other bugs at this point are
> > in cosmetic statistics, and in catching the alpha arch up to the x86
> > arch.  If you have other stability problems we'd appreciate some bug
> > reports. :-P
>
> Are there any filesystem-hosing issues with the "instability"? I'll try
> anything if my FS is in no danger :)

Well, in all cases that I've seen, it was during a buildworld, so if I
lost a file in /usr/obj I didn't really care, nor did I notice.  I do
know that fsck -p finished w/o any errors or need for manual intervention
when I rebooted the machines.

--

John Baldwin <jhb@bsdi.com> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/