Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2002 19:38:22 -0600
From:      Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: blocked mail

At 04:21 PM 2/24/2002, Jack O'Neill wrote:
>Today Chip Morton wrote:
> > And this SMTP server is relatively
> > new (since the dissolution of @Home) so I can't imagine that they'd be
> > blacklisted already.
>
>If it's cox.net that may be your problem.  I haven't been able to
>get MX records from them for weeks.
>
>germanium:jack {103} host -t mx cox.net
>Host not found, try again.
>germanium:jack {104}

Yep, that's who it is.  I'm glad to know that it's not just me.  I'm not
sure what the hell MX records are, but thanks for the tip.

And to Terry, it's just easier to use the Cox SMTP server because it allows
me to send mail using all my "personalities."  The other doesn't have that
convenience.

--Chip Morton