Date:      Mon, 4 Feb 2002 14:21:17 -0500
From:      "Jason Cribbins" <jasonc@concentric.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sendmail will not relay for local domain

I am unable to relay based on domain name checks.  I would rather relay
based on domain name because the dns zone master resides and I want to
restrict relaying to the 16 IP address block we are assigned.  If I use
xxx.xxx.xxx then I am opening sendmail up to 240 or so IPs that I do not
control.

I have FreeBSD 4.3 loaded and I am using the send mail that shipped with the
product as well as named.

my access file looks like this:
...comments
kibserv.org      RELAY
dish500.info    RELAY

Both kibserv.org and dish500.info master zones are hosted on the same
machine as sendmail So there if some one is able to break in and use named
to spoof sendmail they might as well use sendmail locally.  It doesn't get
more secure than that.

But the trouble is that I cannot get it to relay any traffic.  It gives the
following message from OE6:
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'kib@mediaone.net'. Subject
'test', Account: 'Concentric', Server: 'mail.kibserv.org', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.7.1 <kib@mediaone.net>... Relaying denied. IP name
possibly forged [216.27.132.29]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

nslookup for 216.27.132.29 is as follows:
Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

Name:    dyn-29.kibserv.org
Address:  216.27.132.29

If the dyn-29 throwing it off somehow?  Everything here will be done using
dhcp.