Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:08:27 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        Michael Reifenberger <mike@reifenberger.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, portmgr@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: OPTIONSNG and batch compiling

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:43:42AM +0200, Michael Reifenberger wrote:
> Hi,
> in order to maintain my ports more easily I use portmaster in batch mode.
> Therefore I have all relevant WITH_*, WITHOUT_* and other options in
> /etc/make.conf configured already.
>
> The problem now is that OPTIONSNG doesn't respect them in all cases.
>
> For example:
> 	mail/alpine does respect having WITH_CONS25=YES in /etc/make.conf
>
> 	mail/roundcube does NOT respect having WITH_PGSQL=YES in /etc/make.conf
>
> It seems that the construct:
> OPTIONS_SINGLE= DB
> OPTIONS_SINGLE_DB=      MYSQL PGSQL SQLITE
> OPTIONS_DEFAULT=MYSQL
> does only work interactively.
>
> Any workarounds/fixes possible?

You should add this to make.conf:

OPTIONS_SET+=	CONS25 PGSQL

and this should be picked up by optionsng.

These can also be set per port.

Also keep the old WITH_* directives for the time being since not all
ports have been migrated.

There are also knobs on the command line:

make WITH="CONS25 PGSQL"

For reference:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/Ports/Options/OptionsNG

--