Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 21:21:57 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Fenix <fenix@c1.barbara.ds.polsl.gliwice.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD + Xfree

Hi

I've old machine (p120+24mb+54mb swap) and I have one big problem
with it. When I run Xfree and some programs, freebsd very fast reaches
swap limit, and when swap usage is 100% I can't do anything. No key response, nothing works
even ctrl+alt+delete only disk is reading something. Why this happens
on so ql system, or maybe there is work-around ? please help, I need Xfree
so I can't just stop using them.

And one more thing. When I start for first time XFree swap usage
is low (about 10%-15%). When I run some programs swap usage incraces to
about 60%-80% but when I close all programs and there is only XFree (like
I start XFree for first time) still swap usage is about 60%-80%. How I can
free up swap space  back to 10%-15%, or maybe I missed something..

fnx