Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 08:30:10 -0600
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        "Serge G. Kruk" <sgkruk@barrow.uwaterloo.ca>
Cc:        Brett Glass at POST-IW1 <Brett_Glass_at_POST-IW1@infoworld.com>, agonzalez@starbase.globalpc.net, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Digiboard PC/16e problem

"Serge G. Kruk" writes:

>What is my best route?
>New (from where?) driver for Digiboard cards?
>New card?  If so, which one?

I personally like the Stallion cards (www.stallion.com), the driver is
written unofficially by a Stallion employee.  Engineering level support
has been good.  We've got at least two machines running 16 modems off
Stallions.

Comtrol called me the other day saying that they now had a BSD driver.
They were going to ship me a card to eval.  Their Rocketport gets
pretty good reviews in the trade-rags... (maybe their marketing dept
is better than their engineering ;-))

The Cyclades is pretty well supported too.  I've only got two 8-ports,
so I can't say about the 16's.

>Serge

eric.
--