Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 01:09:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      George Reid <greid@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Lu!s Croker <lcroker@megared.net.mx>
Cc:        George Reid <greid@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SETUID !

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Lu!s Croker wrote:

>    Hi.. I know SUDO, but I don't want use it for this process... I
> need something like Setuid.. but this is not working... what's worng
> ??

As I said, the kernel does not honour setuid scripts. It will not run
them. It will not even consider running them. The very notion fills the
kernel with fear and causes it to tremble in the corner.

---
"And then it comes to be that the soothing light
   at the end of your tunnel was just a freight
            train, comin' your way."

      George Reid * greid@ukug.uk.freebsd.org