Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 1998 09:20:33 -0800
From:      Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with PPP

Bill Trost (that's me!) writes:
    I have tried using both the 2.2.6-BETA kernel and an earlier (January-ish)
    kernel that I had installed before the upgrade, but that didn't help
    (thereby suggesting the bug is not a recent addition to the kernel).  I
    tried cvsupping and rebuilding ppp, but that didn't help.  I tried talking
    to a PPP server where my IP address is statically assigned, so I could set
    my own ifaddr, and that *did* help.

One more datum -- I restored an older version of ppp (built on or before
December 15) and everything now works.

Why the PPP daemon affects the source address on IP headers is confusing to me;
I must not understand how the tunnel device works....